Next version of RoboForm to support Microsoft Edge Browser  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
Shaun Tonks
 Shaun Tonks
(@Shaun Tonks)

So the Anniversary update has arrived and Microsoft Edge now supports 3rd party extensions, so where do we stand now with Siber Systems.
Seriously thinking about not renewing my subscription.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2016 3:27 pm
FredBK
 FredBK
(@FredBK)

While it is MS responsibility to provide the actual tie-in for the extension in Edge it is RoboForm's repsonsibility to add the capability to their code and provide it to MS for inclusion. I suspect there is a lack of responsiveness on both sides of this issue. Kind of like the chicken or the egg quandry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2016 4:18 pm
Eli
 Eli
(@eli)
Member Admin

Guys according to Siber Systems the open framework for extensions support is not yet available to the vast majority of extensions developers, including RoboForm, so it looks like we might need to keep waiting a bit longer, I have updated the article to reflex this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2016 6:41 pm
Eddie
 Eddie
(@Eddie)

The thing is this...Roboform used to be the number one.....and Microsoft choose a number of other password managers to showcase Extensions. Where does that put it going forward...I'd rather be with a company that has the OS support.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2016 7:58 pm
Albert Weggeman
 Albert Weggeman
(@Albert Weggeman)

C'mon MS, if IE 11 can work with RoboForm, why not Edge? Fix it !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2016 9:33 pm
datrebor
 datrebor
(@datrebor)

I did the update on windows 10 to the anniversary and it says it works with extensions. So where is the extension for RoboForm Everywhere?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2016 9:45 pm
Eli
 Eli
(@eli)
Member Admin

datrebor hi, did you read my update at the bottom of the article above? they are working on the plugin but it depends on and it's up to Microsoft when to accept it/review it and then publish it to the store so people can download and use it, so it looks like we will still need to wait a while longer, sad I know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2016 11:32 pm
Phyllis Van Campen
 Phyllis Van Campen
(@Phyllis Van Campen)

I downloaded in installed RoboForm through Edge. It is set up to start when I start Windows and when I click on the RoboForm icon in taskbar by clock it brings up menu. I click on logons and get my page of passcodes and am able to click to go to web sites.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 2:45 am
FredBK
 FredBK
(@FredBK)

Reply to Phyllis Van Campen:

I think that you are referring to the RoboForm app which is available in the MS Store. It does install and run well and uses your Roboform Everywhere account to synchronize your data but it uses its own customized browser not Edge. It is is not an extension which runs from inside of Edge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 12:07 pm
Phyllis Van Campen
 Phyllis Van Campen
(@Phyllis Van Campen)

I know be we can do that until the extension comes out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 12:30 pm
Eli
 Eli
(@eli)
Member Admin

And in case nobody has noticed RoboForm Extension for Microsoft Edge has now been available for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2017 11:24 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: