Notifications
Clear all

WD My Cloud 2/3/4TBs how to speed things up  

Page 6 / 17

José
 José
(@José)

Hi.

Thanks for the info, that improves the access to my WD MyCloud.

Lou
 Lou
(@Lou)

Eureka!!! Truly excellent advice. I was having latency and extremely unpredictable connection problems with the WD windows 8.1 app. I was able to access the drive from my computer (most of the time), but access via the app kept losing the device, and when it did connect properly it was painfully slow and never seemed to get to the end of discovery all of the folders.

My settings were the same as KT's above and those very simple adjustments made the difference between loving this drive, and sending it back to WD as possibly defective.

Thank you, Eli, for taking the time to post this. My access speed and reliability has increased exponentially, as has my enjoyment and satisfaction with this device.

Pascal
 Pascal
(@Pascal)

Thank you so much ! I was about to bring it back to the shop !

Lee
 Lee
(@Lee)

I just bought two 12TB MyClouds and have them hooked up to my iMac through a 1GB switch. I've got 6TB drives on Thunderbolt. I'm transferring a 100GB file (iPhoto) from the 6TB to the new 12TB. It's taken 7 hours, but it seems to zip through a few GB's saying it'll be an hour and then grind to a halt for a while, while the copy dialog suggests it will take 27 days. It's been cycling all day. The 1GB green lights remain lit on the switch. Any thoughts?

Eli
 Eli
Admin
(@eli)

Lee thanks for reading my blog, the Operating system (OS) graphical indicators sometimes get confused when transferring such large files, the 27 days remaining is most definitely incorrect and just erroneous reading, 100GBs of data is a lot of data, but it shouldn't take 7 hours, perhaps you need to reboot all devices and try again?

Page 6 / 17
Share: